Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Review on Amazon.com

"5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, Thoughtful and Practical, January 7, 2012By
Jeff Eisenbrey - See all my reviewsThis review is from: The Party of Your Life: Get the Funeral You Want by Planning It Yourself (Paperback) I first picked up Erika Dillman's book at a party and my wife took it out of my hands because I'd become anti-social. Dillman was the most interesting person in the house. What was I to do? I bought the book.
The funniest people are those who know too much about how people are, and on the subject of kicking the bucket people are, well . . . funny. The author finds a lot of material here and clearly has a blast with it. Reading her book is a rare combination of laugh-out-loud funny and revelatory. It turns out that there's a lot to know about the handling of corpses, emotions, relatives, and legal matters. Dillman has done her research and she delivers it in a wry and lively package.
The best part, for me, was having my imagination shoved out of the nest to flap around party planning. Themed funerals?! Really?! Cool! Decorations, dress-up, music, those choice last words. Read it with your spouse. Visit with your favorite fading relative and you'll have a lot to talk about. Or you could leave it out at a party and see what happens."       

Thanks for visiting. Click to visit The Party of Your Life website.

No comments:

Post a Comment